Monday, December 12, 2011

Week 2: FUNtastic PCOS Fitness Challenge!

Welcome to week 2!  I hope that you were able to join us on the week 1 Challenges!  If you are new here, welcome!  Feel free to start in with us now!  Jump right in!

So, last week our Fitness Challenge centered on getting up and moving for 5 minutes or more a day, for five days.  This week, we are upping the Challenge!

This week, take your five minutes and double it!  Simple right?  I don't know about you, but I need to keep things simple and achievable, especially this time of year!  The only thing to focus on is moving for 10 minutes for the next five days! Dance, swim, walk, bike, DO HOUSEWORK - - - MOVE your body and feel empowered that you are taking charge of your health and PCOS!

If you don't believe that 10 minutes can create changes in your insulin resistance, moods, and fitness levels, take it from me!  It is a baby step that when added to others can take you closer and closer to achieving some awesome goals!

When I was just under 300 pounds, I could hardly do anything, much less exercise on purpose.  I was only in my early 30's, but I felt like twice my age.  In taking little steps in getting more activity back then (1-2 years ago) I was able to work up to walking/jogging (and finishing) a 5K in under an hour last November!  Yes, it can be done - and I am living proof that the power of little things can add up to awesome accomplishments!



Before my baby steps towards fitness:  295+ pounds. . . . 







After taking those baby steps day by day . . . 220 pounds and finishing my first 5K!

You can do it too!

So join in with our Challenge this week - get in 10 minutes of activity for the next five days - and please be sure to check in with us on the Power Up for PCOS page on Facebook!  Share your stories and what you are doing this week to Power Up for PCOS by joining in on our Fitness Challenge!  Baby steps!

See you around Facebook!

Gina








*Remember: I am not a medical or fitness professional and I am just sharing what I am doing in this Challenge as a fellow member of your community. Please check with your doctor before starting any exercise program to ensure that you are healthy enough for physical activity/exercise. *

No comments:

Post a Comment