Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journey Along with Me by Beth

This blog post is about my personal journey finding and living with my faith.  I do not push my beliefs on anyone.  This is a blog series I do for myself and those out there that wish to view it.  Please do not take offense from anything I say and please do not post negative comments on it.  If you wish to comment, please post only positive and encouraging words.  Please do not challenge my beliefs.  We all have our own and I am merely sharing my personal journey.  Thank you for understanding.

I feel that if I did not have PCOS then I would not have found my faith again.  I will tell you why.  I did not grow up learning about God.  When I was a teenager, I got invited to a Pizza party and they were talking about God there.  We ended up starting a teen fellowship.  I went for several years but it was a situation that whenever I found a new boyfriend that didn't believe, I stopped going.  This is how it was until this time.

So now we skip forward to this year.  I recently found my faith again after working with the PCOS Diva.  We were discussing the different aspects of life like relationships, work, spirituality.  I kept thinking that something was missing there.  So I really started to think about it and I suggested to my husband that I would like to go back to my old home fellowship.  He said he would go with me and try it.  So we started going as a family with my daughter.

One day I was telling my minister about my PCOS and he told me to pray for it.  I was shocked I never thought of doing that.  He said the bible is full of healings and promises that God will heal if you ask.

I had a chance to personally experience this when I got some bad news that I had pre-cancerous cells on my cervix and Endometrium.  I also was having signs of cervical polyups as well.  I was devastated.  As I was telling my husband what the Doctor said, he asked me, what should we do and I told him to just pray.

We did pray.  We prayed for my health and for everything to heal up.  I went in to the Doctors to have the tests done that would tell me if it was actually cancer or just abnormal cells.  They took 3 biopsies.  I had several abnormal spots.  They also checked for polyups because I had all the same signs I had the 2 previous times I had them.

I got my tests back and I had no polyups and all my biopsies came back great.  Some can say, I just didn't have them but I know I had some serious heath issues going on and I KNOW I had polyups.  I know for me personally, that God healed me and saved me.  As an added bonus, my PCOS symptoms are not as severe and I think they are going away more and more every day

I am glad for my gifts from God and I am glad I have found my faith again.

Here is my favorite verse right now: Matthew 21:22  And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

Thank you for letting me share this with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment