Monday, January 30, 2012

Power Cysters - Working Out Together


Hello All,

So this weekend was our first workout session together.  It was so much fun.  We are going to try for most Saturday mornings.  We all have kids and we know that can get hectic but we will aim for it.  3 of the Power Cysters met at a local gym, Planet Fitness, and we did some warm up on the treadmill for 15 minutes then went and did the circuit  together and finally ended with some stretching.

Let me tell you, it was FUN.  So much FUN.  If I could talk the whole time I worked out, I would do it more.  I have been blessed with the gift of gab, to say the least.  As we worked out, we bonded.  We talked about home life, about how our nice 6 pack abs were really there but they were hiding.  We had a blast.  It made the time fly.  We worked out for about 45 minutes.  I can tell you, they pushed me to keep going when I wanted to quite.  I was pooped.

When we were done, we asked a staff member that we had been chatting with to take a picture of all 3 of us. She said she would love to.  She also asked about PCOS and what it was.  Turns out, she thinks she has a friend that might have it.  It turned into a wonderful opportunity to spread the word.  We handed her a card on the way out and now 1 more person knows we are out there providing education and support to women.  That's what it's all about.

Do you want what we have?  You can have it too!  Like your state page and get the women in your state getting together to workout.  Just have to ask.  You may get a few that have no interest but if are persistent, it will happen.  FYI: We are in New Hampshire so if you live nearby, come work out with us.  California is already hitting Yoga every weekend.  You can either sit back and just watch or you can take the opportunity to step up and be included.

If you don't have a state page and want one, let me know by sending an e-mail to Beth@powerupforpcos.com and I will get right on it.

Thanks,
Power Cyster Beth

Here are some pictures from this weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment