Sunday, October 21, 2012

Faithful Sunday's Religion or Relationship?


Do you want a Religion or a Relationship?


I'm sure you've heard the saying that God didn't want us to have a religion, He wanted a relationship with us.  Man made beliefs into religion and made it so we spend more time arguing over beliefs instead of loving God and His people.

My view, there are too many religions out there and it can be confusing.  People sometimes focus on a religion instead of a relationship with God.  Most times, their religion involves a Sunday only practice of going to church or fellowship and that's where it ends.  Whether you are a new believer, have an interest in learning more about God, or regularly attend church/fellowship, make sure you don't leave your faith at the door when you leave.  It's more than just Sunday mornings.  It's a 24/7 relationship.  God doesn't go away, He is always there waiting to talk to us, be with us and share with us, like a good friend that you have known all your life.  He wants to be everything for you and with you.  To show you love, support, kindness, grace, mercy, comfort and so much more.  "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

But I'm not perfect...

God doesn't ask for perfection.  You just have to talk to him and have a relationship with him.  God sees all of us as perfect.  He created us.  I heard on a Joyce Meyers seminar one time, God doesn't make any junk.  It's true.  You are perfect just as you are.  You may be skinny, overweight, tall, short, moody, happy, or what ever.  It does not change anything.  I like the verse from Jeremiah 1:5, "I chose you before I formed you in the womb; I set you apart before you were born. I appointed you a prophet to the nations."

What religion should I choose...
Because of all the religions out there,it can be confusing for people that have a sincere interest in learning about God.  They may have an interest but not know what church to go to or what faith to choose.  They may not know how to tell the difference if what their hearing is accurate.  I found this really good chart on Religion vs. Relationship to start us off.  This is my take on religion.  I totally believe that it is better to have a relationship with God.  As far as accuracy, I found a few verses: "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." II Timothy 2:15  "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." II Timothy 3:16

Which leads me to my point.  I am a believer and I do not practice any religion.  What does that mean, you ask.  I believe that God exists and that He is the author of the great book called the Bible.  Not all the other versions out there that are interpreting it into their own views.  I believe in the King James Version of the Bible. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God and he came to earth and died so that our sins are forgiven and we are now saved, if we believe that.  

As a woman of God, I will love you because God has instructed me and all of us to love one another as He has loved us.  "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. John 15:12

Where do I start...
  
1.  Pray to God and thank him for putting this on your heart.  God is perfect with his timing and you may have seen this post for just that reason.  God speaks to us in many ways.  It can be a spontaneous thought, feeling, vision, impression or even through the right person calling at the right time.  He will use anyway He can to get the message to you.  You just have to listen for it.  

2. Get a Bible.  You can get a fancy one or you can get a dollar store one.  It's not about how it looks.  It's the words inside it that matter.  Some people write and highlight in their Bibles and some think it's wrong.  Google that and you will see some awesome results.  I believe that God wants us to understand and learn from the Bible so it has been given to us as a tool to use for that purpose.  He doesn't care if you write in it or highlight.  It is helping you to learn.  

3. Find places to start learning about God.  This can be a church, home fellowship, friend, family member, website, TV, book, movies or a million different ways out there.  I have a link here to my personal blog where you can see a complete list of my favorite resources.

If you are a faithful cyster, you can join our Power Up for PCOS Faithful Cysters group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/506575279358853/

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and will continue to read along.  Please comment below if you enjoyed this post.

Written by: Beth Wolf, founder of Power Up for PCOS which provides support to women with PCOS through educational Power Up Groups, building connections with other PCOS women, calendar of upcoming PCOS events, professional referrals and reviews, PCOS store, and other specialized events to raise money for PCOS research.  She can be reached by visiting http://www.powerupforpcos.com, emailing Beth@powerupforpcos.com or by calling 810-545-PCOS (7267)

Power Up for PCOS - emPowering Women to Manage PCOS

*Please note that I am not a medical professional. I am not qualified to give out any medical advice. I am a woman with PCOS who is sharing my personal experiences in this blog and I advise you to consult a professional.* 

No comments:

Post a Comment