Thursday, October 18, 2012

TTC Thursdays

It has now been 18 days on Pregnitude!  Here is what I have noticed so far.  My facial hair has been growing in much slower and it even grew in blond instead of dark brown and it felt soft instead of coarse.  I have gained 1.5 pounds but I haven't been doing the exercising enough, so my goal for this week is to get back into my walking routine.  I have had only 1 episode of loose stool.  I did however, have headaches 2 nights in a row, I used to get migraines on Clomid, so I will settle for only headaches.
Now for the ovulating, as of Cycle Day 17, I still have not ovulated based on the OPK's I have been using.  I am however starting to get signs that ovulation is coming, for example, my face breaks out in acne around ovulation and my period and I am starting to break out with some acne, so I am hoping that ovulation is in my near future.  Based on when I have ovulated on Clomid, it is usually between Cycle Day 18-24, so I am hoping to ovulate within the next week.   Even though this is only my first month on Pregnitude, I am desperately hoping to ovulate this month, as we don't want to lose a month TTC.
On a more somber note, I thought it would be appropriate to mention that October is National Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Month.  I find this important to mention as I have read that PCOS has a higher miscarriage rate than the general population, so many of us may have experienced this devastating loss.  I also know it can be really scary to TTC again after the loss of a baby.  This past Monday October 15th was National Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day.  Every year on October 15th, we light a candle from 7pm-8pm in our time zone in memory of all babies gone too soon to create a wave of light across the world.  I lit a candle in memory of my son Colin, who was stillborn, and all his angel friends and family.  We remember all babies no matter how short their time on earth was.
*Disclaimer: Please note that Pregnitude is an official sponsor of Power Up for PCOS 5K.  However, the individual listed below is not affiliated with Pregnitude or a volunteer for Power Up for PCOS.  Power Up for PCOS posted a request for someone starting Pregnitude to blog their personal experiences for the Power Up for PCOS blog.  This should not be construed as medical advice.  Please see your doctor for further information.* 
Written by: Lauren Williams
Power Up for PCOS which provides support to women with PCOS and their families through educational Power Up Groups, building connections with other PCOS women, calendar of upcoming PCOS events, professional referrals and reviews, PCOS store, and other specialized events to raise money for PCOS research.  She can be reached by visiting http://www.powerupforpcos.com, emailing Beth@powerupforpcos.com or by calling 810-545-PCOS (7267)
Power Up for PCOS - emPowering Women to Manage PCOS
*Please note that I am not a medical professional. I am not qualified to give out any medical advice. I am a woman with PCOS who is sharing my personal experiences in this blog and I advise you to consult a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment