Thursday, October 11, 2012

TTC Thursdays

I have been on Pregnitude now for 11 days!  Unfortunately, I have also been sick for most of those 11 days so it is hard for me to judge possible symptom relief like getting more energy since I've had no energy being sick.  I had diarrhea 3 times but not sure if that was my body adjusting to the Pregnitude or my illness.  Now that I'm feeling better, I look forward to seeing if my energy increases with the Pregnitude.  The benefit I am most hoping to receive from the Pregnitude is the ability to ovulate a healthy egg on my own without medication & then hopefully conceive a baby.  That alone would make Pregnitude awesome & miraculous!  Some of the other benefits I am hoping to see are weight loss, less facial, chest & stomach hair, increased energy, regular periods, less acne, an improvement in my anxiety & depression & for my hormones to go into a normal range.  Even though I am hoping to receive many benefits, honestly, I think Pregnitude would be worth it even if only one of those things gets better for me.

So we are on Cycle Day 11 today.  I started testing with an Ovulation Predictor Kit (OPK) on Day 8.  So far I have not ovulated but it is still really early & I tend to ovulate late even on Clomid, but I wanted to start testing early to make sure I don't miss a possible ovulation.  Through our infertility journey, we have heard that it is good to start TTC early in case the OPK's are wrong; we usually start around Day 10 (and TTC every other day until I ovulate, then we TTC  every day for the next 3 days, nothing says romance like a schedule :) ) but you can start earlier if you like too.  We figure it's better to cover a wide range just to be safe.  In the past, when I have taken Clomid, I have usually ovulated between Day 18-24, so it will be interesting to see what happens on the Pregnitude this month.   Now that you know way more information than you ever wanted to know about my personal life...

My biggest fear taking the Pregnitude is if I will ovulate and how long it will take for me to start ovulating, since it takes 3-6 months to see the full effects.  I now know when I take Clomid, that I will ovulate and at least have a chance at conceiving those months.  The thought of not ovulating this month and losing a month TTC is what scares me the most right now, especially as we've been trying for 8 years 5 months, and trying 20 months since the loss of our son, each month is so precious.  On the positive side, what gets me through is knowing I won't have all the Clomid side effects this month, like 48 hour migraines and the risk of cancer with use of Clomid.  I feel hopeful that with taking Pregnitude that it will work for me with less side effects plus it may even help my other PCOS symptoms and that gives me lots of hope which outweighs the fear.
 
*Disclaimer: Please note that Pregnitude is an official sponsor of Power Up for PCOS 5K.  However, the individual listed below is not affiliated with Pregnitude or a volunteer for Power Up for PCOS.  Power Up for PCOS posted a request for someone starting Pregnitude to blog their personal experiences for the Power Up for PCOS blog.  This should not be construed as medical advice.  Please see your doctor for further information.* 
Written by: Lauren Williams
Power Up for PCOS which provides support to women with PCOS and their families through educational Power Up Groups, building connections with other PCOS women, calendar of upcoming PCOS events, professional referrals and reviews, PCOS store, and other specialized events to raise money for PCOS research.  She can be reached by visiting http://www.powerupforpcos.com, emailing Beth@powerupforpcos.com or by calling 810-545-PCOS (7267)
Power Up for PCOS - emPowering Women to Manage PCOS
*Please note that I am not a medical professional. I am not qualified to give out any medical advice. I am a woman with PCOS who is sharing my personal experiences in this blog and I advise you to consult a professional.* 

No comments:

Post a Comment