Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wellness Wednesdays: Getting Remotivated

It happens to all of us- we have the best of intentions for working out, eating healthy, building on our relationships with family and friends...or whatever else it may be.  It always seems too easy to fall short of where we envisioned ourselves going.  That is where I feel I am at right now with my fitness activity level.

A few months ago I was on a regular schedule of working out, doing the Couch to 5k plan and doing Pilates on the days between.  (I LOVE Pilates!)  Then life happened- a trip to the east coast, getting a cold, starting a new job, summer activities, etc...and what ended up falling to the way-side?  Of course- my fitness regimen!

Whenever this happens, I know the first thing I need to do is to start writing down my goals again.  Writing them down seems to make them real and tangible to me.  So my current goals to get me started are to: 1- begin the couch to 5k plan again, but maybe start at week 2 or 3.  2- Re-start the six-week 6-pack workout video by Jillian Michaels and 3- Make sure to have some good down-time.  This could include journaling, meditation, or some nice quiet time to help knock down my stress level as that has been out of control for a few months. 

This may sound like a lot to commit to for some, but I found when I was doing it regularly earlier this year I had SO much energy, heightened alertness (no brain-fog!), felt better about myself and my confidence was boosted ten-fold.  I miss feeling like that and am willing to work my butt off to get that back again.

My question for you is- how do you stay motivated?  What gets you going in the morning and keeps you on track? Please comment below with your thoughts and suggestions as I would really love to know!


Written by: Crystal Warren, Representative for Power Up for PCOS which provides support to women with PCOS through educational Power Up Groups, building connections with other PCOS women, calendar of upcoming PCOS events, professional referrals and reviews, PCOS store, and other specialized events to raise money for PCOS research.  To find our more, visit http://www.powerupforpcos.com, email info@powerupforpcos.com or by calling 810-545-PCOS (7267)
Power Up for PCOS - emPowering Women to Manage PCOS
*Please note that I am not a medical professional. I am not qualified to give out any medical advice. I am a woman with PCOS who is sharing my personal experiences in this blog and I advise you to consult a professional.*

No comments:

Post a Comment