Friday, August 3, 2012

Faithful Friday's... Healing Comes in Many Ways

Welcome to our new series, Faithful Friday's...


This has been a favorite verse of mine lately:
Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among. ~Exodus 23:25

Sometimes I am so caught up in the symptoms and feelings that go along with PCOS that I forget to pray and take time with God.  A year ago, I was not in my faith.  I did not pray, I did not go to fellowship or participate in any part of my faith.  Then some personal events happened in my family and I found God.  Over the last year, I have been learning as much as I can about God, faith, healing, prayer and such.  Until recently, I have never actually prayed that God would heal my body.  Now I pray every day that God will heal me,  Does that mean that all my PCOS symptoms will go away or that I will be cured of PCOS?  No!  It means that whatever way God has designed my body to be... will be.  I believe that God does not give PCOS to us but I believe that he will not give us anything we can't handle and from every situation there is a purpose and a lesson.

My purpose has been to start Power Up for PCOS and to follow our mission to help others to successfully manage their PCOS.  I have also felt a need lately to spread the Word of God to you all.  I know from first hand experience that once I found God, the depression got better, I had more joy and peace in my life and some of my symptoms didn't seem so bad.  The most important part is that I can cope better without this disease stealing my joy.

I wrote an article way back when I started Power Up for PCOS and it was titled Blessed to Have PCOS.  Lots of people thought I was crazy.  This is a year later and well I can honestly say that, YES, I am crazy but besides that point, I still feel blessed to have PCOS.  Without it, I wouldn't have met all you amazing and passionate women out there.  My healing came in the form of my mind and spirit and a touch of my body.  It gets better each day.

So, today, I ask you to stop for just a moment and pray to God for a great day with your PCOS and to ask him to guide you in treating your mind, body and spirit.



Written by: Beth Wolf, founder of Power Up for PCOS which provides support to women with PCOS through educational Power Up Groups, building connections with other PCOS women, calendar of upcoming PCOS events, professional referrals and reviews, PCOS store, and other specialized events to raise money for PCOS research.  She can be reached by visiting http://www.powerupforpcos.com, emailing Beth@powerupforpcos.com or by calling 810-545-PCOS (7267)

Power Up for PCOS - emPowering Women to Manage PCOS

*Please note that I am not a medical professional. I am not qualified to give out any medical advice. I am a woman with PCOS who is sharing my personal experiences in this blog and I advise you to consult a professional.* 

No comments:

Post a Comment