Thursday, August 16, 2012

Meet Our Representative of the Month!


Meet Our Representative of the Month!


Gina, the Arizona Representative for Power Up for PCOS, goes above and beyond to get her state involved in PCOS awareness and action.  Her PCOS story is below.

My PCOS story

I wasn't diagnosed until I was 29 years old... after two years of unexplained infertility.  There was always something in me that wondered why I was so different from other girls, teens, women I knew:  I had long cycles, facial hair, had a hard time losing weight.  It wasn't until we tried having a baby - for two years - with no success -  that I knew something was "wrong" with me.  The name for my special challenges was PCOS... and I soon learned that I wasn't alone!  I immediately turned to the Internet for more information - and I soon found a lifeline in other women who rallied around me offering support, information, and sisterhood.  I really don't know if I could be where I am today without all of my ladies who have become my closest friends.  

Once I learned about the Power Up for PCOS organization, I knew I had found a way to give back by starting a local support group for women in my state. Instead of only having support available online, I could help women with PCOS connect on a local, real-life level!  PCOS can be such an isolating syndrome - - - but it doesn't have to be.  There are women dealing with PCOS in all walks of life and throughout the entire world  - but by working hard in my little corner of the world, I hope to bring support, education, and encouragement to women in my community.  Women can gain HOPE in learning more about PCOS and how it is possible to thrive and achieve your dreams no matter what the obstacle. On a personal note, once I learned about PCOS and how I could boost my fertility in a natural way, I was able to conceive my now six year old son!  As Winston Churchill said, "Never, never, never, never give up!"

I am so blessed to be the state representative for Arizona as a fellow Cyster, learning how to Power Up for PCOS!
--- Mrs. Gina Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment