Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Power Up for PCOS 10-Day Challenge - Day 4

I'm so proud of the ladies involved in this challenge.  You have proven you will not give up and you are committed.  You are now ready to be part of something bigger.  Which brings me to the Day 4 Challenge.

Day 4 is about possibility.  We do not realize what we are capable of until we are pushed to that point.  This is that point.  You have a choice right now to take your PCOS and DO something with it.

Let me give you a quick peek at how I did that.  I chose to do something for ME to get healthy so I said I was going to walk to raise money for research.  I knew that I was probably going to be the only one walking but I was going to do it anyways.  I found courage at my worst moment and that was what I needed to overcome all the obstacles in order to get this walk going.  I did not give up and I pushed through finding a place to donate the money to, where to have the walk, getting sponsors and so much more.  You can read more about my story here http://powerupforpcos.blogspot.com/2011/09/blessed-to-have-pcos.html

Now, let's get to the Day 4 Challenge.  Your challenge is to create a list of 10 big things you can do that would help you and others in the PCOS world.  Think of things that you would enjoy doing and you can find passion in.  I created a walk-a-thon and a PCOS Network that is helping women all over the world.  This started with just little old me deciding I was going to walk by myself to raise money for PCOS research.  Anything is possible.

Some examples are making PCOS awareness jewelry, knitting or crocheting PCOS items, becoming a Power Up for PCOS Network Representative in your state or holding a event like a cooking class.  Figure out what you would LOVE to do.  Then you could donate all proceeds to PCOS research.  We personally donate all proceeds to InCYST Institute for Hormone Health.  They were the only place out there I could find that actually did research and not just awareness.  FYI:  Read the history of why this institute started and it will bring you to tears.  It was because of my calls for my walk. http://www.incyst.com/2011/03/what-would-you-all-think-of-research.html

OK, back to the challenge.  So i'm not asking you to go out there and do all these things.  I'm just challenging you to create the list of possibilities.  My hope is that after this 10-Day Challenge, you will feel so inspired that you will actually go out and do one of these items on your list.  I know from my experience that the more I focus on helping others, the more I tend to focus on my PCOS as well.

Please post atleast an "Idid it"  Feel free to post your list as well as comments on here or Facebook.

1 comment: