Thursday, October 13, 2011

Power Up for PCOS 10-Day Challenge - Day 5

After this challenge we are officially half way through.  We are doing good.  We have lost some participants but those that have stuck it out are definitely putting their whole heart into this challenge.  Day 4 Challenge of possibilities were inspirational and amazing.  I thank each of you for sharing those with me.  Hopefully, this challenge opened your eyes that you CAN do these things.  I strongly believe that PCOS is very much a power battle to be won.  For the first portion, you feel like it has you and you can't do anything but once you turn the tables, everything gets so much easier and you feel so amazing inside and out.

On to Challenge 5.  This one is a good one and one that you will definitely agree is a challenge if your not used to doing this already.  I know that those of you that have stuck this out so far WILL put the same amount of heart into this that you have for all the other challenges.  I have faith in you that you CAN and WILL do this for ONE day!

For Challenge 5, I would like you to eat whole/natural/organic foods for 1 day.  I use the 80/20 rule.  80% of my food is whole/natural/organic and the other 20% is not terrible but not perfect either.  If I need food in a hurry and would normally go to fast food place, I make a stop at the grocery store instead.  Right as you walk in, they have fruits, veggies, and over near the blueberries section, I found a whole bunch of to go stuff.  Still be careful about what you are picking up.  My point is, this is possible even on the run.  Don't get me wrong, I still struggle with this.  This is something that I have worked hard on with my health coach, the PCOS Diva.

As you go about your day, write down your feelings here and there.  Try to notice if you feel more clear minded or if you have more energy.  Pay attention to your body.  The biggest thing I have accomplished has been to get in-tune with my body.  I know now that when I eat junk, I feel foggy and can't think clear.  I am tired and sometimes get a headache too.  I have become very aware of what's going on inside me.  It has helped me figure out which supplements I should be on, which foods my body needs right now and if I need to stop and take some me time.

So, there you go, eat whole/natural food atleast 80% (aim for 100% for atleast today to challenge yourself more) and journal some thoughts and feelings of what you feel going on.  We can do this!  I am right there with you.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so much better when I am eating whole grain foods. Bad food makes me feel bad, and then I feel even worse for letting myself eat the bad food that made me feel bad! Silly really