Monday, October 17, 2011

Power Up for PCOS 10-Day Challenge - Day 9

I have been so inspired by the women that are taking this challenge.  I'm glad to know there are others out there that have found their own faith and beliefs.  I can honestly tell you there was some fear and uncertainty when writing yesterdays challenge but I pushed through and did it anyways because I felt that it was just as important as all the other challenges to our PCOS journey.  I'm very glad I did.  Thank you so much for sharing with me.

So we have 2 challenges left and I am just so moved by this commitment.  I know I keep saying that but I honestly am.  For this next challenge, I would like you to basically do the same thing as yesterday, mediate or contemplate for a short period of time.  This time is will be on mental/emotional health.

For a lot of women with PCOS, depression, anxiety or other mental/emotional health issues come along with it.  I personally had severe depression during my teenage years and right after I was diagnosed up until about February when I decided to start Power Up for PCOS.  I still have days where I just get dragged down or I just have weepy days.  I find that totally submersing myself into my Power Up for PCOS network and evolving that has helped me stay sane.  It gives me an area to focus my passion on instead of focusing on my emotions at the moment.

In my opinion, we PCOS women tend to be more emotional than others but we also are very passionate people because of it.  We should be aware of our emotions and mental health and how we can improve it in general and if we are having a rough day.

So that's the challenge, mediate or contemplate for 15 or more minutes quietly on where your mental/emotional health is, where you would like it to be and some of the things you can do for it.  After that, I would like you to pay particular attention to it all day and focus on having a peaceful relaxed day.  Even if you have lots to do as we all do, try to do it with ease and calmness.  See how much life get's better when you do that.

Just a side note too, the chemical that stress releases also makes our PCOS symptoms more pronounced so if we made it a priority to be less stressed, our PCOS wouldn't be as bad either.  I have formed the habit of telling my husband that I can't handle a particular task right night or I can't discuss something right now because my PCOS will get worse when I get stressed out.  Of course, we can't avoid things but waiting until I am calmer does help my PCOS AND it helps me deal with the issue at hand with a clearer head.

Good Luck Ladies and please post an "I did it" or share experiences to let me know you are participating.

No comments:

Post a Comment